“Chaï” is the Hindi world for “Tea”. Masala Chaï are traditional Indian drinks where they are drunk daily by the majority of the population. The spices used in the Chaï differ according to regions and households.
This Masala Chaï blend has a medium-body with exceptionally spicy flavor and aroma. This formula is based on traditional South Indian blending methods and ingredients, using a very small leaf grade, as well as green cardamom, cinnamon, ginger, cloves, and black pepper. Pink berries and a balanced dosage is what makes this blend unique. Despite the small leaf, this organic tea has surprisingly little astringency. The clove and ginger really come through, with a wonderful cardamom finish.
What will you find in the bag
25g of loose leaf tea, corresponding of about 12 servings (~2g/serving | 1serving ~ 30cl)
Assam black tea, cinnamon, ginger, cardamom, cloves, pepper, pink berries
- Pink berries: They have anti-inflammatory, antiseptic and antispasmodic properties. The infusion of pink berries is used for its diuretic and aperitive properties as well as to relieve digestive disorders.
- Cinnamon: Known since ancient times for its beneficial effects on the organism, it is used for its digestive properties. It would have a tonic effect and would be beneficial in case of diarrhea and irregular periods. It also has powerful antibacterial, anti-infectious and anti-parasitic properties.
- Cardamom: It is recognized for its effectiveness in the treatment of digestive disorders, such as colic, diarrhea or flatulence, but also for its anti-inflammatory properties. In Chinese medicine, it is used to treat diarrhea and intestinal disorders.
- Cloves: Considered pain reliever and antiseptic. It helps reduce toothache, migraines, flatulence. It is also a powerful antioxidant.
- Ginger: Powerful anti-inflammatory and antioxidant, it is also recommended in case of nausea and vomiting. In Indian medicine, it is used as a powerful tonic, stimulating the immune system.
- Pepper: Pepper is a digestive stimulant. It aids digestion, is a diuretic and is used for rheumatism and headaches. It also stimulates the liver to rid the body of toxins.
How to prepare it
Hot drink : Let it brew for 4 minutes in 95 ° C water.
Indian method : Infuse the desired amount of Chaï in 2/3 of water at 95 °C, then remove the tea and add 1/3 of milk and mix it. Add sugar as you like.